Michelle White - PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG

Hi There! Welcome to my Photo Blog.
Thanks for visiting me! This is where you'll see what's currently going on in my world. As a Wedding & Portrait Photographer, I love photographing moments in life that touch us emotionally and keep us reminiscing for years to come. You'll also see all kinds of things that interest me outside photography. So take your shoes off, relax and get to know me as you browse my photo blog. I would love to hear from you so feel free to drop me a comment anytime! If you’d like to see more, check out my website. Thanks again for stopping by and come back soon!

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2008....it's Here!!!

Wow! It's finally here and so quickly. 2007 seem like it just came and went. This is my first posting for January 2008, of course and I'm excited. Back in Oct. 2006 I had the opportunity to attend an awesome photography workshop called Xtreme as some of you might remember and one of the projects we worked on was using available lighting in our surroundings, meaning NO FLASH, (if possible). Since last night a lot of folks were going out to party or getting together with friends and family, I wanted to used the opportunity to photograph images using only available lighting and last night I had the opportunity to do that. Yeah, I can't believe it myself, but I was one of the many who trailed down to the underground to photograph the dropping of the peach ball and the fireworks, but my focus and project was to use only the available lighting in my surroundings (no flash) and these are the photos that I came back with. Feel free to share a comment, or thought.

With each new year, you always want to do things a little different than the year before and 2008 is no exception. I'm not into making "New Year Resolutions" because I frequently reflect and set goals throughout my life, and in the coming days and weeks I'm going to share those with you be it professional or personal. But in the meantime and in between time I hope you enjoy my photographs.

Couldn't resist the Coca-Cola sign all nice and Neon Red
_MG_8699blog

As you can see it was plenty packed....yes I'm still alittle in disbelief that I had the nerve to go down there.
_MG_8706blog

_MG_8707blog


I had the opportunity to snap a couple of shots of Channel 2 Action News Reporter Eric Phillip
_MG_8718blog

_MG_8717blog

_MG_8721blog

As you can see it was time for the peach to drop....
_MG_8746blog

_MG_8752blog

and the fireworks to begin.
_MG_8776blog

_MG_8805blog

Using only available light...so cool!!!
_MG_8824blog

_MG_8838blog

_MG_8856blog

_MG_8851blog

No comments:

 

Blog template customizaton by Mike @ www.oppositeoffear.com